Greenvale United will be holding their Annual General Meeting this Tuesday 30th January, 2018 at 7.30pm.
What is an AGM and why do we need to hold one?
An AGM is held in order to:
1. Comply with legislative requirements
2. Present the financial accounts to the members
3. Report to the members on the activities of the club
4. Ensure committee rotation happens in an orderly manner
5. Consider and vote on rule changes and recommendations
6. Consider any other topics as required by the club rules
7. Appointment of an auditor (if required)
8. Provides the members the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback to the committee
Why should you attend?
The current serving committee has fulfilled its two year term. We now need to elect a new committee as well as Executive positions which are needing to be filled.
The club is looking to elect the following positions:
First Aid Supplies & Equipment Officer
Female Co-ordinator for girls/women’s teams
Sponsorship & Fund Raising Officer
Facilities & Council Liaison Officer
there are also casual committee member roles to fulfil.
Attendance of 30 persons is required in order for a committee to be officially elected.
If at least 30 people do not attend the AGM, the election will not be official and there is a high chance that a committee will not be elected which could result in the club folding.
If you believe you can assist the club in progressing to achieve great results and a greater public standing in the community, please consider joining the club’s committee and help GUSC continue its goal to achieve excellence in 2018 and 2019.
Without members volunteering or joining the committee, the club is unable to provide you, the members and players, with the resources required to make the club function to its full potential and offer a sporting club that both parents and children feel a part of and are proud of belonging to.
Please come along and help make our club an ongoing success for seasons to come.